10 thoughts on “Hadley Off-Road Motorcyclist Sought

• May 16, 2017 at 7:41 am

Probably stolen bike. Usually no number plate, no helmet so will not be chased by police if spotted. A menace, what do you do ?

• May 16, 2017 at 7:46 am

Possibly the ones driving up the silkin on Monday that me, my 4 year old niece and dog had to dodge driving as fast as they could!!!

• May 16, 2017 at 7:48 am

All down the Trench Road in the 30 mph limit.
    Shakes my windows and I’m set back

• May 16, 2017 at 8:00 am

sick to deatn of these bellends on sutton hill aswell. They need somewhere to go so they cant do everyones head in

• May 16, 2017 at 8:18 am

One cut us up by the island by town centre and then turned into princes avenue with out signalling. , was all over the place. Dangerous

• May 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Doubtful its stolen, its probably a legally bought off-road or Pit bike. You can tell this by the lack of lights so it wouldn’t have a number plate either. But of course as soon as it’s being ridden off private land on roads, paths or pit-mounds it becomes totally illegal.

These bikes are being ridden on footpaths and open public spaces all over Telford. The standard West Mercia Police response if you post a photo is always “have you reported this on 101” but despite 1000’s of calls from the public the reality is that they are doing next to nothing to stop this and rarely even respond to a call unless the offender is under their noses.

A few weeks ago I witnessed 3 (yes, THREE!) people without helmets riding on a single powerful bike full throttle down the Silkin Way (under the Stirchley Lane bridge) without a care for their own or anyone else’s safety. Before I’m asked, yes I did report it but I knew even as I made the call I was completely wasting my time.

In other areas I visit around the country Police do not ignore this behaviour and consequently it’s extremely rare that I see bikes ridden on footpaths elsewhere.

Quite honestly the only way this matter will get addressed in Telford is if someone is seriously injured or killed. And in my opinion from my observations that is now only a matter of time.

• May 16, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Probably the same nuisance I heard the other night in Leegomery. Gone midnight it was. Catch him and punish him accordingly before he cause himself or others serious injury, if not worse.