Last day of 2018.
It’s been a good year of celebrations for #Telford50 which got of to a wonky start with the lasers we couldn’t see very well.
The summer was hot hot hot, someone threw Peace Duck in the river and Southwater got some fountains. Lots of people got their knickers in twist over one bridge that was covered up and another that was replaced.
Telford is a good place to live, work & do business but there a couple of things we need to change folks…
1) Put an end to stealing bikes. It’s not big and not clever and not a laugh. Lock the bikes up, and grass up the thieves. A man lost his life in Telford because someone nicked his kids bikes. Lets make this socially unacceptable.
2) Put an end to fly tipping.
It’s like shitting on your doorstep. Don’t use some random dickhead from Facebook for a ‘tip run’. Get a receipt and make sure they have a Waste Carriers Licence. We can do this.
3) If you don’t own either a trailer or a field, DON’T BUY AN OFFROAD MOTORBIKE! You can’t ride it legally, you are just an annoying turd who will end up hurting someone, most likely yourself.
4) Boycott A&E. It’s not a walk-in alternative to the local Doctors surgery – at least not yet – so if call 111 and let them help you decide if you should go or not. Thank you.
5) Register to vote. We have local elections coming up in Telford this year. Make sure you have your say in how our town is run. I’m already looking forward to election night!
Finally – be nice to each other. There is more that brings us together than sets us apart. In a year of leaving the EU, and local elections, lets not focus on our differences, but build on what we share in common. Here’s to 2019.