Southwater Christmas Market Opens on Thursday
This year will see all the traditional elements of a Christmas market with wooden chalets decked with garlands and lights, festive gifts and food to tickle your taste buds.
There will be a small funfair for the young and the young at heart.
This year sees a traditional carousel added to the mix along with other fairground attractions. In addition to this there will be performances from local choirs and acoustic bands for that real Christmas atmosphere throughout the event.
For that real authentic European market feel, there will be an Alpine-style bar as well as the obligatory sausages cooked on an open fire and of course the opportunity to enjoy a sip of gluhwein.
On 29 November, the evening looks like this:
– Telford’s Got Talent finalists – Fallout will be performing on stage at the market
– A small lantern parade by local community groups starts the lighting of the Fire Garden
– Fire Garden opens for the public to take a walk through and experience it close up for themselves
– SPARK Drummers perform in Southwater lighting up the area with music
– The Salvation Army will add to the festive atmosphere
Christmas in Telford