Are Telford Drivers Worse than anywhere else?

Are Telford Drivers Worse than anywhere else?

I’ve been sent this video anonymously which demonstrates the point. Those of you with dash cams will know that the van is much closer than it looks.

We have all seen it. Cutting people up, jumping lights, staying in the wrong lane, using phones while driving and of course, crap parking but is Telford any worse than other towns?

21 thoughts on “Are Telford Drivers Worse than anywhere else?

• February 13, 2019 at 8:48 am

They don’t know how to turn right on roundabouts. They stay in the left hand lane all the way. We call it the “Telford turn”. Plonkers

• February 13, 2019 at 8:51 am

That island is a very bad one to cross. Maybe its time for more traffic lights

• February 13, 2019 at 8:54 am

I lived in Torbay for a few years. The driving there is atrocious.

• February 13, 2019 at 8:56 am

It’s bad yes, but not as bad as some places. The thing I cannot fathom in Telford, and I’ve only ever seen it in Telford, is why a large proportion of drivers use a left hand lane at roundabouts to go right. Every day I see it, multiple times. Bizarre.

• February 13, 2019 at 8:56 am

I’m orginally from plymouth and would say the driving down there and in devon and cornwall is so much worse than anything ive witnessed up here!

• February 13, 2019 at 8:57 am

I moved here in November. Already seen a lot of red light jumping and lanes seem to mean nothing!

• February 13, 2019 at 8:59 am

We travel round the country quite a bit and telford is no worse or better than anywhere else. Probably worse place is London as they love there horns.

• February 13, 2019 at 9:01 am

Obviously people haven’t driven in the middle east…where traffic lights are just pretty decorations on the streets, you can drive on which ever side of the street you wish and in which ever direction you want, if you have an accident, it’s just ‘the will of Allah!’

• February 13, 2019 at 9:03 am

As suggested above, what we DO NOT need in Telford, is MORE traffic lights.
    Telford Council must have shares in them. Look at the state of Lawley! The road network used to flow really well, but now it’s just a painful exercise getting from A to B anywhere!
    Telford has more islands than a lot of towns, and has done for years, but for the life of me, I still can’t work out why we are plagued with morons who use the left lane to go right! Re learn the highway code FFS!

• February 13, 2019 at 9:06 am

I passed my test a year ago and i hate going on the road some drivers have totally put me off driving . They drive like mad men take risks and so many speed it’s unreal

• February 13, 2019 at 9:08 am

The cam car sped up to stop the van overtaking heading towards the Peugeot garage. Then once cut up on the roundabout tried to overtake the van on hashed lines just before the video ended. Both as bad as each other.

• February 13, 2019 at 9:09 am

My husband is a lorry driver and drives all over Britain and he says yes Telford drivers are bad but not as bad as some places.

• February 13, 2019 at 9:22 am

Cyprus is shocking. But my first time back in U.K. at Xmas I nearly crashed twice on my first drive……Telford.

• February 13, 2019 at 12:33 pm

I wouldn’t say any worse, but the standard of driving is utterly atrocious at times.
    How often have you followed someone off the Trench Lock island, accelerating to 45mph… and then staying in the outside lane all the way up to the Greyhound exit. And the same scenario coming through the roadworks heading northbound, staying in the outside lane, under the M54 bridge, all the way down to Trench Lock.
    You could write a book on the stupidity out there

• April 14, 2019 at 12:59 am

Sorry to me Telford are the worst drivers EVER.
    No one knows how to use indicators, very rare you will see one. They dont know which lanes to use especially at roundabouts. They speed way way above the speed limit, they tail gate & they pull out without looking. They dont know how to read signs especially on the floor.
    Oh forgot a lot of them are lazy as they dont know what disabled parking MEANS. I had to help one person in a wheelchair because they couldnt get a parking space so the husband had to drop his wife off to find somewhere where she could get in & out of car without someone parking next to theirs.
    After helping I went over to the 10 disabled bays & only 1 had a blue badge. A women parking there with kids & I even asked one woman if she was disabled & she said no….selfish bl**dy people.

One of the reasons I have 2 dash cams now. I live here & every time I get in the car I nearly get into at least 3 accidents on each trip. My family avoid coming into Telford full stop. Not only are they rude, grumpy people but they just dont know how to drive full stop. Many people I have spoken to who live outside Telford agree.
    Sorry truth hurts

• April 15, 2019 at 10:02 am

I wouldn’t say the drivers are the worst, but the road design certainly is. Particularly the roundabouts and signage, for someone not familiar with the town it’s very misleading.

• April 15, 2019 at 1:21 pm

I moved to Telford in 2004, from wolverhamton. So I have gone from traffic lights to roundabouts which is better but there are too many of them.
    I moved back to wolverhamton 2years ago and I can tell you that my stress levels from how people drive there went through the roof. Yes I had my moments in Telford but wolverhamton (city) drivers are worse. When drivers from busy cities come to Telford, they think they have to drive the same as they do Normally. I’m not backing these drivers up because I’ve had runnings in with bad drivers too.
    I’d rather have 1 idiot driver a day in Telford than 5 in wolverhamton.