Hop aboard for a conducted tour of Telford Bus Service history
Mark Fitchew takes a look at public transport history in Telford.
“Midland Red first served the area in 1922, with a service running along the A5 from Shrewsbury-Wellington, being run from the garage in the county town. A garage in Wellington opened on 9th July 1926. Expansion saw the original Mansell Road garage closed and replaced by a larger garage in Charlton Street. This was totally rebuilt with a larger still structure opening in September 1953.”
Read the full blog here: https://mfitchewhotmail.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/buses-in-telford-part-one-before-tellus/